Date Last Updated: 15/03/2017
7 The Hayes
Company Registration Number: 7437813
Vat Number: 203 1065 72
Financial Conducts Authority Register Number (FCA): 750082
Van Monkey Limited (the firm) is committed to abiding by the Principles for Business laid down by the financial services regulator. This Policy provides guidance on how we will meet our objectives to look after the best interests of our customers by treating them fairly, ensuring that the information we give them is clear, fair and not misleading and that we handle all matters with integrity, due care, skill and diligence and manage fairly any conflict of interest that may arise. Our aim is to provide suitable products at the best value prices for our customers.
We have identified all the areas where we consider or it has been found elsewhere, that problems may occur and we have assessed the risk presented by each potential situation. We have then described the action we have taken to prevent or minimise the potential unfair treatment of customers. Lastly we have set out the controls that we have put in place to monitor our performance in each area. We will also gather feedback from our clients and from ourselves, which will be considered regularly so that any new issues can be identified and addressed promptly when they occur.
The policy has been written in order to communicate the issues to all our stakeholders and especially those working within our firm to make sure they understand the potential problems that may occur and to give them the best possible chance to deliver excellent service to our clients. This is in the interests of the company, the staff as well as the client and the regulator.
These are the outcomes that the regulator wants for customers and are also the outcomes we would like to achieve for ourselves as they will contribute greatly to our success as a commercial enterprise. Our policies and procedures are designed to promote these outcomes. Our management information is used to demonstrate that we are meeting these objectives at all times and where we find that customers have been dissatisfied or disadvantaged or if we consider we are not meeting these targets completely, we will take immediate steps to rectify the position.
1. Consumers can be confident that they are dealing with firms where the fair treatment of customers is central to the corporate culture.
2. Products and services marketed and sold in the retail market are designed to meet the needs of identified consumer groups and are targeted accordingly.
3. Consumers are provided with clear information and are kept appropriately informed before, during and after the point of sale.
4. Where customers receive advice, the advice is suitable and takes account of their circumstances.
5. Consumers are provided with products that perform as firms have led them to expect, and the associated service is both of an acceptable standard and as they have been led to expect.
6. Consumers do not face unreasonable post-sale barriers imposed by firms to change product, switch provider, submit a claim or make a complaint.
The Way we actively measure our performance in each area is as follows:
· Client Feedback
· Staff Monitoring & Training
· File Audits
· Business Reviews & Statistics
· Advertising & Promotions are Regularly Reviewed
· Consistent and Regular Training & Competence Reviews
· Complaints Recording & Data
· Implementation, Monitoring and Continuous Improvement of Systems and Controls
Van Monkey Limited are a credit broker of vehicle finance and not a lender or a funder.
Van Monkey Limited can introduce you to a number of finance providers, we may receive a remuneration or commission if you enter into an agreement with them.
Van Monkey Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Financial Conduct Authority Register Number: 750082.
This policy is reviewed regularly and updated as required.